And believe me, we are taking a simple margherita pizza over the top with roasted garlic and soft french bread.
Ingredients gathered! Minus some butter, balsamic vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper.
Roughly chop your roasted garlic and mix with melted butter. Spread over french bread sliced into quarters. If you’re feeling ambitious, roast your own garlic. I chose to buy mine from the deli.
Drizzle with balsamic, then top with sliced tomatoes and big ol’ pieces of fresh mozzarella. Grate fresh black pepper on top, and add a dash of oregano. These flavors are off the charts delicious!
Garlic Bread Margherita Pizza
Loaf of french bread
Approx. 2 tbs. roasted garlic cloves
Approx. 2 tbs. butter
2 tomatoes, sliced
Fresh mozzarella, sliced
Fresh basil, chopped
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Slice the loaf of french bread in half vertically, then in half horizontally. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a microwave safe dish. Chop roasted garlic and add to melted butter. Use a fork to mash garlic with butter to release all that garlic-y flavor goodness.
3. Spread butter/garlic mixture on the four pieces of french bread. Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar on bread. Top french bread with tomato and mozzarella slices. Sprinkle bread with oregano and top with fresh ground pepper.
4. Place loaves on cookie sheet, and let cook for approximately 10-15 minutes. Mozzarella should be nice and melty.
5. Turn on your broiler to low, and let pizza broil for just a few minutes. Watch them the whole time, you don’t want it to burn. Cheese should start to bubble and edges of the bread should be golden.
6. Remove from oven, top with fresh basil and sprinkle with a little more balsamic vinegar. Cut pieces of bread in half again and enjoy!