VEGAN MACARONI SALAD
- 1 lb. elbow pasta ( gluten free if desired)
- 1/2 red onion, diced cone #3
- 1 red bell pepper, cone #3
- 1 large carrot (about 1 cup), cone # 2
- 2 stalks celery (about 1 cup), cone #2
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup vegan Mayo
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon dijon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mineral salt, or to taste
Pasta: Boil your elbow macaroni noodles until they are al dente, according to package directions. Drain the noodles and run them under cool running water to stop them from cooking.
Dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the creamy sauce.
Assemble: In a large mixing bowl, or pot you cooked the pasta, add the pasta, onion, bell pepper, carrots, celery, peas and dill. Pour the creamy sauce overtop and toss well to coat. Keep the salad chilled until ready to serve.
Store: Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 – 6 days in a covered container.
I love lots of veggies in my macaroni salad, feel free to adjust the amounts to suit your taste.
For variation try these other add-ins mixing and matching to suit your taste:
- Sliced Green Onions
- Diced Radish
- Fresh Corn off the Cob
- Coconut bakon
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder